Virtual Democracy Rally
- Date: President’s Day, Feb 15th, 6 pm ET – 7:15 pm ET
- What: Join us to celebrate our democracy and discuss where we go from here!
- The rally will be organized around the foundational principles of our nation: Civic Duty, Fairness, Freedom, and Opportunity.
- Special Prize: Announcing Alex Vindman’s 3 favorite #RenewDemocracy contributions.
Our speakers include some of democracy's greatest defenders
Fmr. World Chess Champion Garry Kasparov
Lt. Col. (Ret) Alexander Vindman
Founder of Kind Snacks & Philanthropist Daniel Lubetzky
Fmr. Rep. Barbara Comstock (R)
North Korean Refugee & Activist Yeonmi Park
Pastor Evan Mawarire
Miles Taylor (NYT Anonymous)
Fmr. U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara
Fmr. World Poker Champion Annie Duke
- We asked what democracy means to you and so far, we’ve been thrilled with the results:
- Hundreds of videos, 4+ million views on social media, 120,000+ likes, 45,000+ posts with the #RenewDemocracy hashtag
- If you haven’t had the chance, feel free to post a video or message about what democracy means to you on twitter, facebook, tiktok or another social media platform with “#RenewDemocracy”!
Why are we organizing this event?
On January 6th, the US Capitol building, the seat of our democracy, was attacked. This attack was made possible by weeks of verbal assaults against our elections, against the people’s right to vote, and ultimately against American values themselves.
So, both as a celebration of our democracy, and as a rebuke to those who have attacked it, we are excited to bring together some of democracy’s greatest defenders in the US and around the world for an inspiring discussion of how we can renew democracy together. To be sure, we face serious challenges, both in America and around the globe. But we believe that by returning to America’s founding principles, and more fully realizing them for the 21st century, we can reinvigorate our democracy.